Wednesday, March 1, 2006

The last few days have been silent. I am at home nursing a fractured foot. As I see it,it is time to stop and watch......

I have been watching for a while now. In fact just watching the antics of my mind--not judging, not trying to stop them, not identifying, just watching as if they were traffic on the road, or ripples on the surface of a pond.

The antics of the mind are very amusing, they jump up and down and twists in all directions, trying to get my attention and seduce me into the mind game. To develop the knack of taking a distance from the mind is one of the greatest blessings. It is what meditation is all about- just watching, as if the mind belongs to somebody else.

I am ready to keep this distance now, and to watch the show without getting caught up in the drama.

No comments: