Thursday, May 18, 2006

I am starting with a new job, in a new country with a new approach.I ask myself what my security blankets are....nothing appears

Knowledge is certain; the search for personal knowing is very, very hazardous. Nobody can guarantee it. If you ask me if I can guarantee anything, I say I cannot guarantee myself anything. I can only guarantee danger, that much is certain. I can only guarantee myself a long adventure with every possibility of losing and never reaching the goal. But one thing is certain: the very search will help me to grow.

I can guarantee only growth. Danger will be there, sacrifice will be there; I will be moving every day into the unknown, into the uncharted, and there will be no map to follow, no guide to follow.

Yes, there are millions of dangers and I can go astray and I can get lost, but that is the only way one grows. Insecurity is the only way to grow, to face danger is the only way to grow, to accept the challenge of the unknown is the only way to grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have just discovered the first truth of life - that is, to evolve! As human beings, our very nature is to evolve; even a species evolves! Just think of how we have reached to where we are as homosapiens w.r.t. the first human being who walked the face of earth.

To face danger or fear is to overcome it. And one is never alone. Are we other than God Himself? No! Never for a moment believe that. For if it were not for Him, we may not even have the air to breathe! So move on and venture into the unknown, for there lies one's destiny - if it were known, what fun would it be?

Swami Vivekananda said there are two types of people in this world. One, who live life very simply, very comfortably and move through life with little ambition and thought. It's ok. There's another kind, who are not satisfied with the status quo and who thrive on the thrill of the unknown - for whom only the ecstacy of the highs matter and the despair of the lows deters them not! They live life on the their own terms - not satisfied with the convention.

It is important to realise who you are! which is actually quite apparent. Either way, never feel alone. Remember, we have been here hundreds of lives before this and would be here hundreds after. Every life is just a play, a play to evolve, to understand the purpose - of life. Guruji says life is a ball, so go ahead and play, but don't just hold onto the ball. Play!

The bodies given to us by Him are His temples. Be respectful not only to others but also to your own Self, because it is not you, but Him. We are - living temples of God!

All dangers and fears are barriers in our own mind, for God created none. Good, break them down!

Till next time.