Tuesday, October 31, 2006

SORATH, NINTH MEHL:
In this world, I have not found any true friend. The whole world is attached to its own pleasures, and when trouble comes, no one is with you. 1 Pause Wives, friends, children and relatives  all are attached to wealth. When they see a poor man, they all forsake his company and run away. 1 So what should I say to this crazy mind, which is affectionately attached to them? The Lord is the Master of the meek, the Destroyer of all fears, and I have forgotten to praise Him. 2 Like a dogs tail, which will never straighten out, the mind will not change, no matter how many things are tried. Says Nanak, please, Lord, uphold the honor of Your innate nature; I chant Your Name. 3 9
Tuesday, 17th Katak (Samvat 538 Nanakshahi)


These words are a direct english translation from the Guru Granth Sahib Hukumnama at the Golden Temple. I have often wandered in search of the truth. Have agrued endlessly whether truth is more powerful or love. I was a fool...

The two are not separate from each other. Love is the truth and Truth is Love. Both entwine to be present in the mere whisper of the name of Lord himself. The reality of life, the truth is that true love is not by attachment, for the mind is attached to wordly possessions. True love is opening your heart to all alike...touching each person, each living being...with true compassion and care.

In this true compassion and care, I find myself like the almighty...for God is not separate from you and me. With each good deed he surfaces and when we deviate from our paths..he waits patiently till we hit upon realisation and become our true nature again.

No comments: