Friday, November 3, 2006

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:
The Lord is always with me. The Messenger of Death does not approach me. God holds me close in His embrace, and protects me. True are the Teachings of the True Guru. 1 The Perfect Guru has done it perfectly. He has beaten and driven off my enemies, and given me, His slave, the sublime understanding of the neutral mind. 1 Pause God has blessed all places with prosperity. I have returned again safe and sound. Nanak has entered Gods Sanctuary. It has eradicated all disease. 2 24 88
Friday, 20th Katak (Samvat 538 Nanakshahi)
-->

These beautiful words from the Guru Granth Sahib are symbolising the protective life force. As I tread through the challenges in life, I find true solace in taking his name. In aloneless, I find completeness as I am always protected by the caring divine hand that saves me from falling into fundamental darkness.

I have often drifted to find where my origin is. Looked at alternative beliefs, other practices and got more confused. Eventually I found my roots within my own religon. I am not a preacher nor do I advocate my religon but yes I do advocate the good has become my innate nature by being a true sikh- a learner.

No comments: