Sunday, December 25, 2005

What do I say of the events of the day...I must stop doing this to myself. Here I am all claiming that I am in love...yet I am caught up in the gamut of expectations.

Now that I have rechristened myself Hola-I think my beloved needs a name too. How about Neil abit trendy but then in such times what do u expect.

Neil and me have known each other for a while now....we infact met years back in a forum. Infact let me tell youabout it......

As I walked down the corridor I wondered what I was doing there. The last year had not been too great. The feeling of being let down by the one I thought was made for me made me feel weak and unwanted. Despite being a university topper the kicker of being academically brilliant could not satisfy my need to be accepted. There was always this dire need to be with a friend, a confidante who would love me unconditionally. One of my friends had forced me to be a part of this forum. She believed that attending a Curriculum for living would pull me out of the dumps and I would start looking at life with a new perspective. Hours of persuasive cajoling and assurance brought me to this conference hall early on that Friday morning, the 15th of Jan,1999.

I was majoring in an Entomology degree from the Delhi University. I had always been a top performer excelling in dramatics, literary, dance and almost all extra-curricular activities. I walked with an air of dignity and confidence. As I treaded forward passing through the crowds, my mind was distant, thinking to myself what it would be like to be walking along a lonely river in search of the rainbow….would I ever be able to find the ultimate treasure of
being in sync with the beauty around me. I did not realise that there was a sudden step. I stumbled and a pair of strong arms caught me from falling. I looked up apologising .A set of clear deep eyes caught my eye. The first thought that crossed my mind was” Potential pest”. Was it my conditioning or just that way he looked at me but for some reason my heart missed a beat. A realisation fell upon me that I knew that look, I felt the strength in his grip, I knew that touch, but I dismissed the thought. I quickly thanked him and moved forward leaving behind to this young man my heart without knowing what jolted me.

Well that was Niel....my love till date!!!!

No comments: