Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tawakul

I am not running or chasing just sauntering into the wilderness of the universe….

It has been a long tread and now I just want to sit and wait for the breeze to come and cool me. I realize that in this phase one has to be at ease with oneself - not trying to improve, not cultivating anything, not practicing anything….just being!!

It is often said that home is where the heart is…I feel otherwise. Home is where you are…you carry you own shelter with you. There is no need to hurry, no need to seek shelter elsewhere. Even as I move into the depths of the emotional waters, I can remain self-contained and free from attachments. I am ready to let go of any expectations I have had about myself or of other people, and to take responsibility for any illusions I have been carrying. There is no need to do anything but rest in the fullness of who I am right now. If desires and hopes and dreams fade away it is so much the better. Their disappearance is making space for a new quality of stillness and acceptance of what is, and I am able to welcome this development in a way I have never been able to before.

I am savoring this quality of slowing down, of coming to rest and recognizing that I am already at home…I am practicing “Tawakul with the Universe”..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know i promised ... but i could not bring myself to write after i read my last post.

i'll keep trying.

u keep the flag flying in the meantime.

cheers